Listen to the DocCom podcast – Healthcare Communication: Effective Techniques for Clinicians. Communication experts in the healthcare industry talk about the most effective practices, lessons learned and how to overcome challenges in communicating with patients. Listen to experts share their innovative tips and proven techniques.
- Teaching Communication Skills: How to Improve Clinicians' Techniques – Calvin Chou, MD, PhD
- Communicating Bad News – Tim Quill, MD
- Responding to Strong Emotions – Tim Gilligan, MD
- History of Communication between Clinicians & Patients – Bill Clark, MD
- Effective Communication to Resolve Conflicts – Michael Wilkes, MD
- Communicating with Civility – Rich Frankel, PhD
- Clinician-patient Communication Linked to Health Outcomes – Rick Street, PhD
- Communication on High Performance Teams – Maysel Kemp White, PhD, MFT, FAACH
- Linking Communication to Motivation – Geof Williams, MD, PhD
- Communication Skills Residents Learn from Spending a Night in the Hospital – Jeff Luther, MD
- Plus more….
The 20 to 25-minute weekly podcasts are short enough to listen to while you’re commuting or exercising. You can sign-up on iTunes or Stitcher to have the podcasts sent to you automatically when they’re published, or you can download them when you have the time.
iTunes I Stitcher
"The Healthcare Communication podcast is a wonderful addition to the medical education and practice podcasts that I listen to each week. The topics and guests cover a wide array of communication challenges and offer many practical solutions. The format is engaging, the length is perfect for my commute or exercise time, and the host Barbara Lewis makes each episode informative and interesting. The wide range of topics from patient-provider communication strategies to provider wellness are useful for all healthcare providers and have been a wonderful source of inspiration for my medical education work as well. I highly recommend this podcast for any healthcare provider!"
- Tanja Adonizio, MD, Associate Dean of Student Affairs, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine